Steelwork design to EN1993-1-1
General structural steelwork member design based upon Eurocode EN1993-1-1:2005 (EC3).
The required input data is kept to a minimum to simplify the process.
All calculations are presented so that the engineer can assess any assumptions and interpretations of the Standards and see why a member passes or fails the design, as well as facilitating cross-checking with other parties. The calculation sheet can be exported as PDF or printed via Airprint if available on your network.
Calculation sheets can be saved for reuse. The app uses the standard iOS document browser, making it easy to create, import, export, rename, copy, etc. Documentation and animated demonstrations are included within the app.
A library of European and British steel sections is included, and custom sizes can be specified.
A library of steel grades is included, and custom properties can be specified.
Please note that due to the nature of the Eurocodes, this software is to be used only by suitably qualified engineers.
Scope of app:
- Designs classes 1, 2, and 3 sections.
- Hot-rolled and welded I/H, channels, tees, rectangular & circular hollow sections, equal & unequal angles.
- General parameters (no specific national annexes).
- Force magnitudes are considered to act either favourably or unfavourably as appropriate for the context, on the side of conservatism.
- Torsion in open sections is considered by way of bi-moments in the flanges.
- For lateral-torsional buckling of asymmetrical cross-sections, Mcr is calculated with reference to BS5950.
- Where the EC3 is vague or unclear, simplifying assumptions and interpretations are made with reference to the SCI, BS5950, and other authorities, to allow pragmatic completion of the design.
For Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices running iOS 12.1 or higher.