Static & dynamic elastic analysis of general 3D space-frames.
Structural analysis software for Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices.
With CASA SF-3D an engineer can create 3D structural models of space-frames and obtain both the numerical results and graphical representation of the deflections, forces, natural frequencies, and mode shapes. There is an emphasis on quick and precise modelling with graphical interaction. Results are graphically interactive with a sliding readout of numerical results at any point along a member.
More information about this App can be found in its integrated help and on our website. The App also contains “Replay Demonstrations” which describe and enact its use.
This App includes the following features:
- Linear static analysis.
- P-Delta non-linear static analysis.
- Natural mode dynamic analysis.
- Footfall dynamic analysis.
- Geometry groups:
- Include or exclude geometry from the analysis.
- Groups can be combined into supergroups.
- Multi-copying for rapid generation of regular geometry.
- Rotation and reflection of geometry.
- Solid rendering of geometry:
- Member cross-sections drawn to scale.
- Colour-coded by groups.
- Viewpoint memories:
- Store and recall for quick navigation.
- Members can be oriented to a third node.
- Gravity (self-weight) loading.
- Factored load-case combinations.
- Rubber-band box for large-area selection.
General Technical Features
Integrated extensive section library:
- British, European, American, Canadian, Australian, South African, Japanese, Russian.
- See our website for the range of shapes.
Integrated section generator for common shapes:
- Open: I/H, channel, zed, angle, tee.
- Hollow: Oval, Rectangular.
- Solid: Oval, Rectangular.
- Calculates: Area, Inertia, Torsional constant, Elastic moduli, mass.
Integrated material library:
- Steel, Aluminium, Concrete, Timber, Glass.
- User materials can be added.
Member ends can be rigid or pinned.
Loads applied as point, couple, trapezoid.
Statics results include:
- Reactions, deflections, bending moments, shear forces, bending stress.
- Points of interest.
- Results given all along members.
Dynamic analysis considers self weight plus additional mass-cases.
Dynamic results include:
- Resonant frequencies
- Undamped oscillation mode shapes
Footfall results include:
- Response factors.
- Critical frequencies.
- Both impulse and resonant responses.
General User Interface Features
Universal App – for iPhone, iPod touch, and iPad.
Metric & imperial units.
Four simple interactive screens:
- Geometry, Loading, Results: for interacting with the model.
- Utilities: Supplementary functions (see below).
- Tap to select; tap to edit.
- Move and copy geometry.
- Slide nodes along members.
- Change member spans.
- Split members.
- Replicate loading across members.
Graphical drag-and-tap controls:
- Rotate, pan, zoom the view with simple gestures.
- Drag nodes for positions.
- Drag loads for positions and magnitudes.
- Drag marker along member to read off results values.
- Tap on Points of Interest for important results.
- Select nodes to measure distances, angles, and areas between them.
Numeric entry available:
- Double-tap on a datum to enter its numerical value.
- Includes a convenient built-in calculator.
Straightforward section library:
- Pick from country, shape, and size.
- View diagram and properties.
- For custom shapes, double-tap on dimensions to edit.
- Axes can be rotated by 90 degrees.
- Configurable content.
- Graphical layout.
- On-screen preview.
- Export PDF by e-mail.
- CSV export of numerical data.
- Document titles.
- Choice of unit system (UK/EU Metric, US Imperial).
- On-line help.
- Load, save, and export models.
For Apple iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch devices running iOS 12.1 or higher.