Static elastic analysis of general 3D space-frames.
CASA-M is the desktop complement to our mobile Apps, which brings with it exceptional clarity and simplicity of use without compromising its technical capabilities.
The software contains “Replay Demonstrations” which describe and enact its use.
The interface is designed to match that used on pocket devices and finger-tap controlled tablets, adapted for use in the mouse-driven desktop.
Clarity and simplicity are of prime importance, hence the minimal number of buttons and menus. However, this does not compromise its functionality, and in some cases actually enhances it by replacing dozens of complicated specialist tools with a small number of very simple, easy, and predictable tools which can be combined in different ways to achieve the complex results.
Almost all operations can be performed through mouse clicks and drags. Where numerical input is desireable it is simply a case of double-clicking on the displayed number, which opens a calculator in which a new value can be calculated or entered. The calculator adds a level of convenience when adjusting values.
Full solid rendering can be toggled on/off in the geometry view to see the structure with members drawn with their actual cross-sectional shape and size.
Geometry grouping allows parts of importance to be highlighted in colour.
Unlike conventional analysis packages, CASA-M dispenses with node numbers, member numbers, and load numbers. It also dispenses with +ve and -ve loading directions. This is achieved by removing the technicalities of modelling and providing the engineer with a straightforward WYSIWYG (what you see is what you get) interface. No longer do you connect member 5 between nodes 2 and 3, you simply connect a member between the two nodes by pointing to them.
However, an unavoidable requirement for some kind of numbering or naming scheme arises when communicating with a client over the telephone and trying to express to each other which node or member is being talked about. For this CASA-M automatically assigns numbers for the purposes of the printout, sorted in geometric order for ease of finding. The output is presented in a highly graphical form so the actual finding and interpreting of results can still be done entirely visually without the need of tabular listings.
Geometry & load generation
Simple yet powerful features to add, copy, and move geometry enables large structures to be defined surprisingly quickly. Loads can be easily created, replicated, and adjusted visually.
Member polarisation is a handy feature to ensure that members are pointing in desired directions, such as floor joists or radial spokes.
Automatic round-off and consolidation ensures that coincident nodes, members, and loads are appropriately removed in a predictable manner, simplifying the joining of substructures or replicated geometry.
An extensive standard-section library is built-in, with wide coverage of British, European, American, Australian, South African, and more.
Non-standard sizes of common section shapes can be generated by simply choosing the shape (e.g. channel, beam, etc.) and setting their dimensions.
This App includes the following features:
- Linear static analysis.
- Geometry groups:
- Include or exclude geometry from the analysis.
- Multi-copying for rapid generation of regular geometry.
- Rotation and reflection of geometry.
- Solid rendering of geometry:
- Member cross-sections drawn to scale.
- Colour-coded by groups.
- Viewpoint memories:
- Store and recall for quick navigation.
- Members can be oriented to a third node.
- Gravity (self-weight) loading.
- Factored load-case combinations.
- Rubber-band box for large-area selection.
CONTACT US TO REQUEST A DEMO OR TO BUY
General Technical Features
- Automatic analysis.
- Integrated extensive section library:
- British, European, American, Canadian, Australian, South African, Japanese, Russian.
- Integrated section generator for common shapes:
- Open: I/H, channel, zed, angle, tee.
- Hollow: Oval, Rectangular.
- Solid: Oval, Rectangular.
- Calculates: Area, Inertia, Torsional constant, Elastic moduli, mass.
- Integrated material library:
- Steel, Aluminium, Concrete, Timber, Glass.
- User materials can be added.
- Member ends can be rigid or pinned.
- Loads applied as point, couple, trapezoid.
- Multiple load-cases.
- Statics results include:
- Reactions, deflections, bending moments, shear forces, bending stress.
- Points of interest.
- Results given all along members.
General User Interface Features
- For Microsoft Windows and Apple MacOS.
- Metric & imperial units.
- Four simple interactive screens:
- Geometry, Loading, Results: for interacting with the model.
- Utilities: Supplementary functions.
- Easy modelling:
- Tap to select; tap to edit.
- Move and copy geometry.
- Slide nodes along members.
- Change member spans.
- Split members.
- Replicate loading across members.
- Graphical drag-and-tap controls:
- Rotate, pan, zoom the view with simple gestures.
- Drag nodes for positions.
- Drag loads for positions and magnitudes.
- Drag marker along member to read off results values.
- Tap on Points of Interest for important results.
- Select nodes to measure distances, angles, and areas between them.
- Numeric entry available:
- Double-tap on a datum to enter its numerical value.
- Includes a convenient built-in calculator.
- Straightforward section library:
- Pick from country, shape, and size.
- View diagram and properties.
- For custom shapes, double-tap on dimensions to edit.
- Axes can be rotated by 90 degrees.
- Report generation:
- Configurable content.
- Graphical layout.
- On-screen preview.
- Save as PDF
Microsoft Windows 7 or newer.
Apple MacOS 10.6 or newer.
64-bit Intel or AMD CPU.
USB-A port (adapter required for USB-C port).
CASA-M is available with per-user licences. Each licence cames with a USB dongle, which allows installation on an unlimited number of machines with the use of one copy per licence at any one time according to which machine the dongle is plugged into. It costs £180 + VAT per licence. The price includes postage of the dongle, all future updates, and there are no annual charges.